At Amberley Lodge we provide a high standard of nursing and medical care at all times. We treat all our residents with dignity and respect. Their family and friends are always made welcome, encouraged to visit, stay for a meal and spend time together.
Staff are sympathetic to, and able to recognise, understand and cater for residents’ individual needs. Staff are encouraged to respect the person in each resident. We find this makes it easier to understand what the actual needs of each resident are.
Discrimination of any kind will not take place, on any grounds.
Residents living at Amberley Lodge Nursing Home have the right to:
- Live in a homely and safe environment
- Dignity, privacy and confidentiality at all times
- Have lifestyle choices, spiritual, emotional and physical needs are met and respected
- Freedom of choice so far as is reasonably practicable
- Have complaints taken seriously, which are fully and properly investigated and be informed of the outcome
- Have unlimited access to the Manager and/or Duty Manager
- Freedom of activity and movement, subject to safety
- Kindness, consideration and respect from all members of staff
- A high standard of nursing and personal care
- Be consulted about and informed of medical decisions
- Have a Named Nurse and / or Care Assistant
- Choose their own GP within the locality and to have access to other healthcare professionals
- Associate with others and build up relationships inside or outside the home
- Be consulted on all aspects of living in the home
- Have visitors whenever and wherever requested
- Go to bed at their chosen time; have a lie in and Breakfast in bed (If appropriate)
- Say ‘No’